Thursday, December 11, 2008

++ Slowly But S t e a d i l y

Ok, well it's nice to have a nice relaxing evening after a hard days work.

Spending my time infront of my photoshop and drawing away.


It feels good to finally be be able to draw freely~

~~~

So, I decided to spend a little time on some drawing today, just to relax a bit. I always enjoy drawing. Simply love it. It always gets me in a good mood, watching myself construct something from paper and make it into my 'own' thing. It's a nice feeling =D


Anywaiz, onto the picture~!

I've had this pic sketched up on paper for about 2 - 3 weeks now. I've just never decided what I wanted to do with it, so I just ended up scanning it up and doing a bit of work on it in photoshop. Eventually, I started colouring the pic in.. and now I can't stop. I want to get this thing done! Not in a bad way, but what I mean is that I think it's gonna look great when it's finished =DD

So yeah, here's the sketch I scanned up about a week or so ago:


And this it wat it ended up looking like after I decided I wanted to 'spalsh' on some colours to it:


Looks pretty horendous right? D=

Yeah, I think so to, hahahha.

Keep in mind that the next few pics is spread over a time-frame of a bit more than a week. I'd just randomly jump on my computer, open up the file and do a bit of work on it, save a .jpeg version of the pic before closing it. So anyway, from here I knew I had a hellova lot of work left for me to do. First I had to fix the bridge of the nose and the bit around the eyes, I had to make it narrower and more defined. Next was the lips and the cheeks. Now that was really hard. I'm not really good at colouring in lips, so I spent ALOT of time on that part of the colouring. It was HARD, like REALLY HARD T___T.

But in the end, I kinda fluked it, as I will show you:

So now it's starting to look a little better. But I'm nowhere near the finish line yet, not even half way there. From here, I noticed something a little off about the picture. It took me a while, but I eventually realised the nose was a tad bit too long, and the eyes were a tad bit too big. After adjusting that, and slightly reshaping the lips, things started looking a little better. Now I had to start fixing the shading and highlights. Smooth it out at places, increasing the shading, increase the highlights, etc. etc.. basically making it look a little better on the eyes. I ended up having to recolour the lips, I thought it was a little too reddish for my liking. I wanted it to have a more natural glossy colour, rather than the cheap lipstick look. Being honest though, I preferred how it looked before rather than what I have done with the lips now. The colours are correct now, but the way it was coloured doesn't look as nice as how it was before. Bah, overall I'd rather have the correct colours than have it 'look' nice but with the wrong colours.

So yeah, after all that work, this is what I have ended up with:


And that's what I've done on the picture so far. Although I've had this picture in the works for a little over a week now, I've probably spent a net total of about 4-5 hours on the actual drawing. I'm gonna spend a lot more time on it to get the rest of it coloured in too. Kinda looking forward to it, hahaha.

Oh, and I think you might know by now who the person in the pic is meant to be. If you do, then a cyber cookie for youu =DD

###

RANDOM STORY

On Saturday (the day before my bros wedding) me, my mom, my aunty and my cousin (who's the same age as me) went to another wedding that was being held that weekend. So the wedding was a bit weird for certain reasons and things happened, but I won't get into that 'cos that's not the point of THIS story.

Anyway, after eating the food being served there, my cousin wanted to head to the back of the hall cos they had the cakes plated there on a few tables. She grabbed me by the arm and we kinda had to push our way through the crowds to finally get to the cakes. Honestly, some of the cakes looked kinda boring, so I didn't eat many of them, but one of the ones I did pick out tasted quite good. So, about half-way through making our rounds on the cake tables, my cousin spotted a friend of hers and skipped off to go talk to her, leaving me to stand awkwardly by myself, holding a plate of cakes my cousin collected for herself and watching as she talks happily to her friends. I didn't know what to do, just standing there, so I sighed and had a little look around the place.

Next thing you know, I'm just standing there going "What the hell!!" in my head. I think I almost dropped my plate when I noticed, but omgosh, who wouldn't? My cousin was just happily talking to her friends and not noticing what I was looking at, or even notice my reaction (if I even had a fairly noticable one at that).

Sitting behind my cousins friends, to the side of the hall along the wall, by herself was (I kid you not) someone that looked EXACTLY like the person I am in the process of drawing. Yup, she looked like Nocchi.. cept with glasses..

still..

glasses are good though D=


Well, atleast SHE looked good in them..

>__>
<__<"

Anyway, I was just standing there almost speechless(?) (possiblly starstruck? bahahah)
because she honestly looked EXACTLY like her. If she was put in a Nocchi look-alike contest, where even Nocchi herself was a contestant, I think she'd come first. Bahah, I mean EXACTLY exactly. Plus, she's my favourite member out of the three of them. So I was in shock. SHOCK!

She looked so lonely, sitting there by herself
D=

Bahahaha.

RANDOM STORY /END

###

~~~

I almost laughed at myself after that event, LOL!

It's so lame, hahah. I'm sucha dumbass xDD

Now... how would Nocchi look like with glasses on? hmmm...

- OverDose



No comments:

Post a Comment