Monday, December 15, 2008

++ Always Remember T h e m

Today was another tiring day

I can't believe how long it's been

I can't believe how quickly it has gone

~~~

It was a slow day today.

I had to think about a lot.

Maybe that was why it felt so slow.

Our family went to visit my late grandfathers grave today. He passed away last year in April, about two weeks after my brother Y-niisan left to stay in Japan. So we went together as a family for him to finally be able to pay his respects. It must have been hard for my brother back at the time of my grandfathers passing, since he had only just begun adjusting to his lifestyle in Japan and really couldn't do anything but pray for our grandfather and the family from there.

It would have hurt for him.

Because it sure did for me.

I can remember those first seven days so vividly. I can remember how my aunty's house was filled with friends and family, paying their respects. I can remember the day we had to bury him. I can remember, in the early morning, receiving the phone call from my aunty of the news from the hospital. I remember the days before he passed away, the day he laid in his own bed, trying very hard to remember me and my brothers names. How he tried to hold my hand as I asked for his forgiveness for all my previous sins. How all he could do was nod as we gathered around him, our eyes filled with tears knowing that it wasn't long now.

I still remember his face so well.

He was my grandfather.

Our grandfather.

Today, it was my brothers turn to ask for his forgiveness. It took him more than a year and a half, but he was now finally able to do it.

We spent about half-an-hour to an hour there. Then, after paying our respects to other passed close family-friends, we decided to head off.

Before, my cousin and his wife invited us to eat at their house for lunch at 2pm. It was a little too early, so we decided to do a little shopping to kill some time. I'll talk a bit about that stuff in another entry..

So arriving at our cousins house, the first thing i noticed was all the new furniture. It was a new house, so they only recently furnished it all. It's a really nice house. So we all sat down on the new couches and my cousin took out the Wii and Rockband. It was so much fun.

Afterwards, my brother was talking to my cousin.

It was about his wifes mis-carriage.

She was a bit over 5 months when there were some complications. They showed us pictures of the child. They showed us his little footprints and hand-prints. They were so small. I could see that my cousin was finding it hard to keep from crying when my brother was going through the pictures. It was tough for their family.

Unbelievably tough.

This brought me not too far back to the day I had to watch him having to bury his own son.

It was hard to watch.

It was most definitely harder for them.

That family has seen far too many deaths to people so close to them over the years. Not saying it doesn't affect me, but it effects their family so much, much more.

In my cousins life-time, he has had to bury his Grandfather, his Father and even his Son. He's only in his late 20s.

He's way too young to experience these things.

But this just means we have to appreciate our families that much more.

Always treasure your family.

and Always remember those who have passed.

I love my family.

~~~

I'll leave it at that for today

I'll blog about what I bought tomorrow

I need some sleep now

- OverDose

1 comment:

lamah. said...

I just read this,

It's really touching. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, even though its a bit late.

I lost my Grandpa ( Mum's dad ) when I really young. Because I was the first born out of all my cousins on my Mum's side, I was close to my grandpa. But I do know that he's in a better place [:

Post a Comment