Monday, February 1, 2010

++ Wanna Be Startin' S O M E T H I N '

そしてこれにつづく...

~~~

So, instead of rotting away my brain during these long holidays, I decided to pick up some anatomy books to read again. Back when I started out drawing, I read quite a few how-to-draw, drawing techniques and anatomy books. It was a few years back when I read them, so I'm not sure how much I actually got out of reading those books. But now I've motivated myself to pick up my slack and start reading through some books thoroughly to improve myself.

Currently I'm reading Figure Drawing For All it's Worth (1943) by a man called Andrew Loomis. The book is simply amazing. His writing is so in-depth yet is easy enough to understand without any worries that you'd be confused or lost in his descriptions. His approach in detail is really effective too, emphasizing to the reader that they should draw the way they feel most comfortable. Loomis gives very clear guidlines to follow yet allows for enough creative freedom from the reader that they are able to apply their own styles to each "lesson" he gives. The diagrams he draws out too are very well done, motivating the reader to continue reading and aspire to Loomis' talent. I'm definitely going to stick to his books for the time being, to get as much out of it as I can. I've got my hands on his whole catalogue, so there's quite a bit of reading to do, but I honestly don't mind reading his works. Though it's going to be a very thorough workout! For sure! hahaha.

...And so let me leave you with a quote I read recently,
"The best time to plant a seed was 20 years ago. The second best time is now"
We should all work our best now, so that hopefully we can look back on ourselves in the future to see how much we've grown.
I wish everyone luck for the future! (:

~~~

...この醜い脳裏


No comments:

Post a Comment